Friday, October 27, 2006

Coming into Cairo

Came into Cairo at about three this morning. Coming out of the airport you get a wake up call with masses and masses of people all crammed into the arrival hall, all jostling to see their friends and relatives coming through. Personal space - bah. Queueing - nonsense. This place is definitely going to be a laugh.

I love the way that during my taxi ride to the hotel, people were not only out and about, but conducting business. This is three in the morning and lots of people were tending their fruit shops. It wouldn't necessarily occur to me to go out and buy some bananas at that time. Maybe it's a common occurance in Egypt.

Anyway, I'll write some more once I've been to the cairo museum and had some more fun with the taxis.

Still miss Nic. Next time she's coming with me. That way I can have nice ham and cheese toasted sammies and a snuggle along the way ;-)

Marky

1 comment:

John Daley said...

What's it like snuggling a ham and cheese sandwich?