Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fine examples from around the world

As part of study into the wonders of the world, I present to you the enigma of the "socks and sandals".

While here in Athens I saw a particularly fine example of the "socks and sandals" beast. With much trepidation I got out my camera and approached cautiously. It is exceptionally difficult to photograph one of these animals out of captivity. They are often accompanied by an alert female of the species, sporting khaki green shorts and a singlet top without bra. They are usually intense breeders and are swarmed with a screaming brood, usually thought to be a defence mechanism to stop anyone getting too close.

People often confuse the "socks and sandals" as simply being the "German". Although it is true that Germanic Sock and Sandals cross-breeds are the most common type of Socks and Sandals, it is not an exclusive breed.

I managed to sneak up on this one and take the photograph from downwind where he could not smell my t-shirt/flip-flop combo, known to confuse and scare them.

And what a photo! I present to you, a fine "socks and sandals"!

No comments: