Sunday, November 26, 2006

Africa - truely diverse

Ah, the wonderful diversity of wildlife in Africa. Can it ever be matched by any other continent? After my experience so far I have to say that it is doubtful.

In such remote destinations as Lalibela, a nine hour drive on mud roads, there is life in abundance and with a uniqueness unmatched anywhere I've been before.

It was in this particular place that a previously unclassified variation on the "socks and sandals" appeared out of nowhere. I laid eyes on this variation and was lucky enough to capture it on film, thus bringing this discovery to the eyes of the world.

Is Africa just lucky? I can't say. But we must let the world know that we should preserve rare species such as this for future generations. With your help we might even be able to start a breeding program.

But, enough of my speil, let's feast our eyes on the newly discovered sub-species of the "socks and sandals".... The "Camel-toe Sock and Flip-Flop"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to nitpick, but something that is unique is, by definition, unmatched...

Duncan