Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mutation

I thought that once we had headed into the desert that we would no longer spot the "socks and sandals". Not so it seems. One has stowed away on our truck and revealed itself in its full glory during an early morning start. This was while I was having my approximation of a coffee. I nearly spat it all over some unsuspecting traveller types.

The interesting thing about this particular mutation of a "socks and sandals", is that it is a very overt species. A new discovery I think. Darwin, you have done us proud here. How strange nature is!

As I approached with the camera, the animal didn't even flinch. It flaunted its mosquito repelling plumage and cavorted around as if this were appropriate. Luckily nature films don't have censorship.

So, I present to you the new mutation of the "socks and sandals", the "Full-Iindividual-toe sock and flip-flop" - shocking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How are you finding your fellow travellers, in addition to the sock mutant? Observations could include... who drinks the most, who doesn't help with their fair share of the cooking/cleaning, who keeps crying out in the night for ham and cheese toasted sammies, (hopefully not all one person named Marky) you get the idea..... ;)